Keep Kids* Unstoppable
Take charge of myopia with ACUVUE® AbilitiTM
Take Charge of Myopia to Help Kids Be Their Best
Kids just want to be kids. But when a child has myopia, life comes with extra challenges. For many kids, wearing eyeglasses may introduce self-image concerns and discourage participation in sports and other physical activities.1,2 Johnson & Johnson Vision is proud to offer daytime freedom from glasses or contacts with ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses for Myopia Management.*,3
Abiliti™ Overnight Lenses
Manage Myopia While You Sleep
ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses are orthokeratology (ortho-k) lenses that are FDA-approved for myopia management in patients of all ages. These lenses have been successfully used in thousands of patients for over 15 years in markets around the world.†,4
How Do They Work?
ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses temporarily reshape the cornea while you sleep, allowing for clear vision the next day.*,3,5 For most individuals, no other vision correction is needed.*,3
What Are the Benefits?
Clear, glasses-free vision*
Kids may enjoy clear vision during the day, every day, without the need for eyeglasses or daytime contact lenses. *,3
Better school and sports performance
Patients wearing Abiliti™ Overnight Lenses report better performance in school and sports compared to wearing glasses. ‡,5
Greater self confidence
Higher ratings of appearance, confidence and peer perception are also reported by patients wearing Abiliti™ Overnight Lenses, compared to wearing glasses. ‡,5
In addition to managing myopia, the lenses also correct corneal astigmatism.^5
Peace of mind
Parents can easily monitor wear since these lenses are worn at home during sleep, making them a good option for young children.
*The lenses are indicated for reducing refractive error up to 6.00D of myopia and up to 1.50D of astigmatism. Results may vary by patient and prescription level. †Previously marketed under Menicon Z Night. Initial CE approval for Orthokeratology was granted in 2006. ‡Compared to single-vision spectacles. ^The lens is approved for correcting astigmatism of up to 1.50D.
Are They Safe And Comfortable To Wear?
In three studies accounting for over 200 patient years of wear, no serious adverse events (or serious complications) were found with ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses wear. 5
The lenses were designed to keep eyes comfortable with feature that help retain moisture and provide high oxygen flow. 6 This means you can trust ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses to work safely and comfortably when used as intended.3
Can Adults Also Wear Them?
Adults can also benefit from the freedom of ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses for their myopia. An eye doctor who prescribes ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses can evaluate if they are right for you.
With the SeeAbiliti™ app, you can:
Find an Abiliti™ Doctor
Locate an eye doctor near you who specializes in myopia management with Abiliti™ Overnight lenses.
Track Outdoor Time
Track your child’s daily outdoor time. Spending at least two hours per day outdoors has been shown to help manage myopia.7
Access myopia management resources and step-by-step instructions for using Abiliti™ Overnight lenses.
Sight For Kids® Program
See Your Impact
Every child deserves the gift of clear sight. That’s why Johnson & Johnson Vision is proud to support the Sight For Kids® program with our non-profit partner Lions Clubs International Foundation. "You can be part of this global effort while enjoying the benefits of ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses.
Each annual purchase of an ACUVUE® Abiliti™ product provides a free comprehensive eye exam to a child in need through Sight For Kids® . An eye exam can detect early warnings signs and manifestation of over 270 different medical conditions8 , including myopia, and is important in maintaining overall eye health. To date, almost 48 million students globally have received eye exams, with over 500,000 children in need receiving eyeglasses.9
1. Yalınbaş Yeter D. , Bozali E. , Uzun Cicek A. Comparison of Self-Esteem and Social Anxiety Levels of Adolescents Who Wear Spectacles and Who Do Not. TJFMPC. 2021; 15(4): 862-871.
2. Hoskin A, Philip S, Dain S, Mackey D. Spectacle-related eye injuries, spectacle-impact performance and eye protection. Clin Exp Optom. 2015;98:203-209. doi: 10.1111/co.12283.
3. Data on File 2023. Instructions For Use (FDA)
Data on File 2023. Menicon Initial CE approval 2006.
4. JJV Data on File 2023. ACUVUE® Abiliti™ Overnight Therapeutic Lenses for Myopia Management – Consolidated, Approved Claims List; U.S. Only Claims.
5. Data on File 2021. Menicon Design History File.
6. Wu PC, Chen CT, Lin KK, et al. Myopia Prevention and Outdoor Light Intensity in a School-Based Cluster Randomized Trial. Ophthalmol. 2018;125:1239-50.
7. American Optometric Association. Systemic Conditions with Ocular and Visual Manifestations. December 2014.
8. Lions Club International Foundation. Real impact: By the numbers. Available from: https://www.lionsclubs.org/en/resources-for-members/resource-center/sight-for-kids