ACUVUE® Abiliti™ 1-Day
Treat myopia during the day with Abiliti™ 1-Day
Abiliti™ 1-Day Lenses – Treat myopia while they play
Abiliti™ 1-Day lenses are the first and only daily disposable soft contact lenses designed for the pediatric eye.*1 Worn during the day, these lenses work to slow the progression of myopia while providing crisp, clear vision and freedom from glasses.†¥2,3
How Do They Work?
AbilitiTM 1- Day lenses feature revolutionary RingBoost™ technology with specialized treatment zones. One zone corrects vision, while the other zone helps slow the progression of myopia in just six months. †1,2
What Are the Benefits?
Slows myopia progression
Slows the progression of myopia in just 6 months featuring more powerful optics than typical soft contact lenses used for myopia control.†1,2
Clear glasses-free vision
Provide clear vision when worn during the day so kids can play without glasses.¥3
Kid friendly design
The first and only daily disposable silicone hydrogel soft contact lens for myopia management designed for the smaller eyes of children.*1‡
All day comfort
Made from the same material as ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day contact lenses, which have never been beaten in comfort in 6 clinical studies posted on clinical trials.gov.^
Feature Class 1 UV blocking technology to help protect eyes from UV exposure.¶#4
Can my child really wear contact lenses?
It might seem intimidating to imagine your child being able to wear contact lenses, but your child may surprise you! More than 90% of children are able to insert and remove Abiliti 1-Day lenses within just 1 month.§3 In fact, kids who wear soft contact lenses instead of glasses can have an improved quality of life, and a dramatic improvement in how they feel about their appearance and participation in activities.5,6
Always wash hands thoroughly when handling contact lenses
Which lens is better for my child? Abiliti™ 1-Day or Abiliti™ Overnight?
Abiliti™ Overnight lenses are another great option for slowing the progression of myopia. Instead of being worn during the day, they are worn overnight, typically providing freedom from glasses or contacts during the day.***7 They can be a great option for kids that like to swim, or who may need more oversight with lenses. An Abiliti™ provider can help you decide which lens is right for your child.
Manage Myopia On-the-Go
Get the SeeAbiliti™ App to Manage Myopia On-the-Go
As part of our holistic approach to managing myopia, the SeeAbiliti™ app makes it easy to manage myopia on the go.
Sight For Kids® Program
See Your Impact
Every child deserves the gift of clear sight. That's why Johnson & Johnson Vision is proud to support the Sight For Kids® program with our non-profit partner Lions Clubs International Foundation. You can be part of this global effort while enjoying the benefits of Abiliti™ lenses. Each annual purchase of an ACUVUE® Abiliti™ product provides a free comprehensive eye exam to a child in need through Sight For Kids®. An eye exam can detect myopia and early warnings signs and manifestation of over 270 different medical conditions, and is important in maintaining overall eye health.16 To date, almost 48 million students globally have received eye exams, with over 500,000 children in need receiving eyeglasses.17
* Based on publicly available information as of December 3, 2021.
† Compared to single vision contact lenses after 1 year of wear.
‡Utilizing a smaller lens diameter designed to fit the smaller anatomical features of a pediatric population (aged 7-12).
¥ JJV Data on File 2021. Top 2 Box = Always or Usually.
^ ClinicalTrials.gov is a website maintained by the NIH. The 6 clinical studies evaluated subjective comfort as a primary or secondary endpoint for ACUVUE® OASYS 1 Day with HydraLuxe® Technology Brand family contact lenses vs. competitors’ products. Review conducted as of April 30, 2023.
¶ Helps protect against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea & into the eye.
# WARNING: UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV absorbing eyewear as directed. NOTE: Long-term exposure to UV-radiation is one of the risk factors associated with cataracts. Exposure is based on a number of factors such as environmental conditions (altitude, geography, cloud cover) and personal factors (extent and nature of outdoor activities). UV-blocking contact lenses help provide protection against harmful UV radiation. However, clinical studies have not been done to demonstrate that wearing UV-blocking contact lenses reduces the risk of developing cataracts or other disorders. Consult your eye care practitioner for more information.
§ JJV Data on File 2021. Top 3 Box = Extremely Easy, Very Easy, Easy.
***Reducing refractive error up to 4.00D (sphere product) and up to 5.00D and up to 3.50D of astigmatism (toric product)
1. JJV Data on File 2021.Development of Optical Design of ACUVUE® Abiliti™ 1-Day Soft Therapeutic Lenses for Myopia Management.
2. JJV Data on File 2021. Efficacy of ACUVUE® Abiliti™ 1-Day Soft Therapeutic Lenses for Myopia Management: Comparative Claims vs. Single Vision and Dual Focus Lenses
3. JJV Data on file 2021. Stand-alone Performance Claims; ACUVUE® Abiliti™ 1-Day Soft Therapeutic Lenses for Myopia Management.
4. JJV Data on File 2021. Material Properties: ACUVUE® Abiliti™ 1-Day Soft Therapeutic Lenses for Myopia Management.
5. Rah MJ, et al; ACHIEVE Study Group. Vision specific quality of life of pediatric contact lens wearers. Optom Vis Sci. 2010 Aug;87(8):560-6. doi: 10.1097/OPX.0b013e3181e6a1c8. PMID: 20562669.
6. Walline JJ,et al. Benefits of contact lens wear for children and teens. Eye Contact Lens. 2007 Nov;33(6 Pt 1):317-21. doi: 10.1097/ICL.0b013e31804f80fb. PMID: 17993828.
7. Data on File 2023. Instruction for Use (Canada)
8. Wu PC, Chen CT, Lin KK, et al. Myopia Prevention and Outdoor Light Intensity in a School-Based Cluster Randomized Trial. Ophthalmol. 2018;125:1239-50.
9. Systemic Conditions with Ocular and Visual Manifestations. American Optometric Association. December 2019.
10. Lions Club International Foundation. Real impact: By the numbers. Available from: https://www.lionsclubs.org/en/resources-for-members/resource-center/sight-for-kids